A toner is another key step in our daily skin care routine. It is applied after cleansing the skin, and before other treatments, like a serum and moisturiser. But… what exactly are its benefits? We will tell you below.
This intermediate step between cleansing and moisturising/treating the skin is really important to keep the skin healthy, fresh and glowing. It usually has a water-based texture and is generally applied with a cotton pad, although you may also find them on the market in mist format, as a spray. A toner provides the following benefits:
- Helps to remove the dust, impurities and bacteria that may be still lingering on the skin after cleansing.
- Restores the skin pH balance as well as the ideal moisture and oil levels on its surface.
- Stimulates blood micro-circulation, and with that, proper oxygenation of the skin.
- Helps to close pores.
- Reduces redness and soothes the skin after cleansing.
- Revitalises the skin upper layers.
- Helps to remove the skin dead cells and to encourage proper cell regeneration, which is essential to a uniform texture and healthy skin.
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin of the skin.
- Prepares and conditions the skin for subsequent treatments, like skin oils, serums and moisturises, making it more permeable.
Considering the list of benefits provided by a toner to our skin, it is hard to believe that it is one of the skin care products that is most overlooked. But now that you are aware of its importance, you have no excuses to start using one. Here you will find our Anesi toners, formulated according to your skin type. And, as always, we will be delighted to help you choose the right one for you based on your needs.