Who doesn’t like to have soft, nurtured lips? Sometimes, changes in temperature, certain conditions or some nutritional deficiencies can cause our lips to crack, and the skin to lose elasticity, peel and look dry. If you want to avoid this, take note of these tips:
- Hydration is essential, but not only on the outside: remember to drink two litres of water every day.
- Moisturise the skin of your lips daily with a specific product. If you do not have one, your eye contour product can be a great ally, as the skin around the eyes and lips is very similar. Do this every day, as part of your facial care routine.
- Always carry a lip balm or specific lip product in your bag and use it whenever you need to. Better still, is to use a product with solar protection (remember that sun protection is not only for Summer)
- If you notice your lips are taut or dry, try not to lick them, as saliva dries the skin. Also resist peeling off the dry pieces of skin, because you could hurt yourself!
- Watch your diet and opt for foods rich in vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12), which is essential for skincare.
- Avoid highly seasoned, salty, acidic and spicy foods, as they dry out the skin.
- Alcohol, tobacco and caffeine consumption also alter the skin of the lips.
- Buy a soft bristle toothbrush for children, and gently brush your lips with a mixture of Vaseline and sugar. While reactivating their circulation, you will also be exfoliating them.