Removing make-up, cleansing, moisturising… there are several steps involved in the perfect facial skincare routine. And one of them is, of course, exfoliation. Here’s why.
The process of renewing hard skin cells, lasting an average of 28 days (shorter time in younger skin and longer in older). It involves forming new cells that rise to the surface of the epidermis to replace those that have already come to the end of their life cycle. The skin naturally sheds these dead cells, leaving a fresh and even layer on top.
However, aging or skin impairments can hinder the skin renewal process: it slows down or it is not performed evenly, causing an uneven, dull skin tone with the appearance of dry patches and thickening around certain areas, making it harder for products to penetrate the skin. This can happen on the skin of the face and body.
This is why it is essential to “assist” the skin to ensure it carries out this cell renewal process properly. Exfoliating once or twice a week, depending on the skin type, is the perfect routine to achieve an even, smooth and rejuvenated skin texture, as well as to allow all the products we apply to perfectly and effectively penetrate the skin.
How do you properly exfoliate skin?
If your skin type is normal or oily, we suggest using Anesi Aqua Vital Exfoliant; and if your skin is dry or sensitive, you should exfoliate with Anesi Harmonie Gommage Douceur. In both cases, apply as follows:
- Wet the skin with warm water and use your cleanser. Rinse well.
- Apply the exfoliator to the face, neck and neckline, avoiding the area around the eyes.
- In circular movements rub into the skin with wet fingertips, paying special attention to the most problematic areas, including the nose, forehead and chin.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Next, follow your normal Anesi routine: toner, serum, eye contour product and moisturiser.